Pulse Eight – How to register your product
- First of all you need to gain a four digit installer code from TechStyle. (Also you will receive log in information for http://monitoring.pulse-eight.com , but don’t worry about this just yet)
- Plug your device into power and connect to a network.
- Once your Pulse Eight product is connected to the network, go to www.gotomymatrix.com on a mobile device or computer that is connected to the same network as the Pulse Eight product. (You can also find this matrix page by entering the devices IP address)
- You will be taken to the monitoring portal which is where you can monitor and make configuration changes to your Pulse Eight product.
- Click the Menu icon on the left hand side of the screen, and from the menu click on the monitoring tab.
- From with the monitoring page you can see the System Status, which should say ‘Healthy’ if everything is in order.
- This page is also where you register your device to your installer ID.
- To do this, enter you four digit Installer ID into the Installer ID text field and click save changes.
- You have now linked this device to your installer ID, and the last step is to click ‘Send monitoring Pulse Now’ this will manually send the update to the cloud services.
- You can now log in to your account at http://monitoring.pulse-eight.com using the account details provided from TechStyle to monitor the device remotely using the cloud services.
- From here you can go to ‘My Products’ and you will see the device you linked to your installer ID account.
- Click on your device and you can check system health, complete firmware updates etc, all remotely using the cloud service.
- You can also create an install and link this device to the install, which is useful if you ever need to refer back to an installation project in the future.
Extra Trouble shooting tips:
When accessing the devices web interface using the devices IP address locally, you can also access Advanced Diagnostics information by switching over to the admin interface. To do this, go to http://ipaddress/admin/ or click on the small admin button at the bottom of the Monitoring tab (same page as where you registered your device).
Once in admin mode, go to system health and access the Advanced Diagnostics. From here you can see if there is any IR noise that could be interfering with you IR codes, and also check the consistence of the IR codes you are sending to make sure the remote you are using is functioning correctly. Please note that the advanced diagnostics is not available on mobile devices and needs to be accessed on either a computer or laptop.